Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

TPT Seller Challenge - Week 3: Make Your Masterpiece

I was excited about this week's challenge, Make Your Masterpiece, because it gave me the much-needed motivation to work on items that I have already created and make them ready to sell on Teachers Pay Teachers. So I got on this right away and had the pleasure of collaborating with Mandi from Spellbound in Second. The task was to create and/or finish a product to post. Afterwards, you had to swap your product with another TpT Challenge Member to revise and edit. 
I chose to make my Classroom Scavenger Hunt TPT-ready. Each year before school starts, we have Sneak Peek. The students and parents checkout the classroom and school, drop off supplies, and visit with the teacher. We are asked by admin to have an activity on hand for students to complete. A few years ago, I created the first version of the scavenger hunt, and it has been a huge hit with the kiddos since then. This activity asks students to venture around the classroom to look for particular items, like the classroom library and seatmates. At the end, they are asked to write a letter to the teacher. The letters are so entertaining!

If you are interested in using it with your own students, check it out in my TPT store
Spellbound in Second
It is definitely nice to have another pair of eyes to review your work, especially if you leave words out like I do. Mandi was super helpful, and I loved looking over her product - Super Second Grader Activity Pack. It is a superhero-themed pack with beginning of the year activities that focus on getting to the know the students, setting goals, and following classroom expectations. She even made a pack for 3rd graders.

In other news, I finally created an Instagram account for my blog and store. Follow me - @learningwithlockwood!

Thanks to Third in Hollywood, TeachCreateMotivate, Peppy Zesty Teacherista, and Sparkling in Second for hosting the TPT Seller Challenge.  


1 comment:

  1. I loved reading your blog. I am new to blogging, so I love reading other teachers blogs. Your new product looks really good. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete